Sunday 30 January 2022

Vale David Lomas

 

David Lomas passed away recently. I knew David for many years and enjoyed his company on and off the greens. David was a firm supporter of Port City and bowls. Rest in peace my friend.

Click here for a few photos of David and his activities at the club. 

The following is a posting on Facebook regarding the passing of David Lomas from Warwick Kempster.

This news is somewhat belated and for that I sincerely apologise on behalf of myself as President and my committee, but I was not aware that the Zone had not been informed.
On Monday December 20,2021 after a long and hard- fought battle against MS, David Lomas passed away.
David was a member of the Management Committee of Port City Men's Bowling Club for many years in the mid-2010s and was also during this time on the Executive Committee of what was then known as LNCDBA and was heavily involved with Ken Errington in the creation of Zone 14 Bowling Association.
There is going to be a memorial get-together at Port City in February for David and any of you who would like to come and reflect on and celebrate David's life are more than welcome. Where and when to be decided this week, will let you all know.
So sorry to be the bearer of such sad news.

Updated posting 1st February, 2022
Once again I have to apologize to everyone - David Lomas was fighting Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and not MS as I first reported. Terrible error.
There will be a 'celebration of life' get-together at Port City BC on Wed Feb 16 at 4.30pm for David. You are all welcome to attend. I have asked Keith Ashdown if he would like to say a few words on behalf of Zone 14.
If anyone could tell me when and in what positions David held on Zone that would be very much appreciated.

No comments: